Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Home alone...

It NEVER happens!

and yet, here I am, alone.

at least for 30 minutes or so,

while S and the littles return a movie and buy some tp and milk.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I was home alone. It might have been in January (!) when I was in an influenza-induced coma so S chaperoned the littles to a birthday party without me. Yes, yes, I do believe that was the last time. And I was too sick to enjoy it, revel in it, cherish it, bathe in it, embrace it...figures I'm sick this time, too. I'm not a real big fan of Murphy and those pesky laws...

Since I'm the only human in these 1800 square feet, I'm going to go ahead and blog my favorite thing: what my kids say. Ha.

A-Boy: "I'm going to the Gibson Lie-Berry."
Me: "Honey, you need more Rs in that word. It's lie-BRary."
A-Girl: "Yeah, A. Like pRairie."

~~~~~~

A-Girl, with hand aside her mouth as though telling a secret something to me: "And, by the way, Y is a bit of a whiny, cry-ey girl when she gets bumped in class."

~~~~~~

A-Boy tends to reveal his naptime dreams in stream-of-consciousness outpourings that begin to tumble forth before you've even gotten all the way in his room:
"Mom, V was there and she was so tiny and she was packing all her books and she was tiny and I saw her and she was growing and growing because she was tiniest like me but I'm big little now and she was so nice and she growed. Her did."

V is the grown woman who babysits for us from time to time...some dream, huh?!

~~~~~~

A-Girl wanted me to leave the dinner table tonight because she wanted to finish eating her rice "animal-style"--all mouth, no hands:

"Mom, I love you."

"I love you, sweetie."

"Um, aren't you tired? Why don't you go to the living room? You could lay down on the couch."

"I'm not going to go lay down."

"Um, well, you could check your e-mail." Then she broke out into a punk diddy that she wrote several months ago that goes, "Checkin' my eee-mail! Checkin' my eee-mail! Checkin' my eee-mail!" Complete with air guitar and those squeaky Wayne&Garth-style guiter sounds. My girl.

~~~~~~

a couple of A-Boy's mispronunciations:

willn't - as in "I will not!" or "I won't!"

yous - as in your or even just plain ol' you; ie. "Yous soda is in the kitchen." or "Mom, are yous making dinner?"

He said a really, really hysterical one at lunch today and I never thought I'd forget it...guess I was wrong. Darn it! The only conversation I can come up with from lunch today was the one where A-Boy tried to convince A-Girl that I ate oatmeal every day when I was tiny. :-)

...and now, I'm going to find something trashy to watch on E! 'til the family returns!

No comments: