Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Live Blogging: A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

We're halfway through the annual screening of A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and the kids' comments are just killer...I can barely keep up with this memory of mine, so I thought I'd open a post and transcribe.

Pally: "My favorite character is...what's that boy's name again?" Linus. "Oh yeah, Linus." Why? "Because he has a blanket and sucks his thumb like me! I know! You could call me Linus, too!"

Pally: "Daddy, is Peppermint Patty really a girl?"

Pally: "Hey, look! Those kids are riding in the trunk!" as Charlie & company ride off in the backend of a station wagon to Grandmother's house.

Buddy's too busy eating orange-colored sugar cookies to bother with commentary...so pre-Charlie Brown, Buddy did announce while he played with the raw orange-colored sugar cookie dough, "I'm selling carrot poop!"

During an ad for Shrek the Halls, Pally shouted, "Look, Mommy! It's Shrek Five!" I'm not sure she's even seen one of the movies from that series, so this strikes me as really funny.

Buddy: "Doggy's doing some drums! Snoopy's doing drums!"

What was your favorite part of CB Thanksgiving?
Buddy: "I LIKE SNOOPY!"
Pally: "My favorite part was when they were building the houses in the cool and they were taking care of the people who were dying." ok. So she's referring to the Charlie Brown Mayflower story that followed the Thanksgiving episode that one normally thinks of.
Pally: "I like Peppermint Patty. She always wears boy clothes because I think she loves boys clothes. I like her little shoes."
Pally: "The very important part was when they were taking care of the people who were dying, but how do you die in a snowstorm?"
Pally: "Oh, Linus was my favorite part, too."

and now, they sleep!

time for popcorn and a movie with Hubs.

Thanks to JR and Mad for the live blogging idea.

No comments: